As promised, here’s the second of two presentations I gave at Frequent Traveler University in Seattle. It’s actually the first of the two talks, and unfortunately I was not as impressed with its delivery — there were technical issues, and it was a late addition to the schedule. But hotel loyalty programs are particularly interesting to me due to the many considerations such as elite status, earning/redeeming points, and different quality expectations. It’s much more difficult (in my opinion) to identify the unique features of airlines.
I have corrected a few errors and added some notes to this presentation. It will need a full revision before I present it again, but many people have requested that I share this talk anyway. Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism in the comments. Here are some background posts you may find helpful:
- Which Is the Best Hotel Loyalty Program?
- Comparing Online Travel Agency Rewards Programs
- Making Sense of MGM’s M life Casino Rewards Program
- The Best Credit Cards for “Free” Hotel Status
- How Credit Cards Affect the Cost of a Free Night
- How Much Does It Cost to Earn a Free Night?
As a reminder, you can also find my other talk, on Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, which I shared last week.