Car rental promotions are usually the worst, so it’s rare to find one worth looking in to. National Car Rental’s “One Two Free” promotion, however, is definitely one worth looking into if car rentals are your thing. Here’s the basics of this deal:
- Complete two mid-size or higher rentals of two days or more and get a free rental day.
- It works on a points system, where 600 points is a free day. Each two day rental mentioned above is 300 points.
- There are other ways to earn points, including referrals for 300 points each (this is my referral link – feel free to put yours in comments below) and other things like downloading the app, connecting on Facebook, etc. If you’re not doing all of the ones that are free, then this likely isn’t the game for you!
- If you rent cars anyway, this is a no-brainer. In my opinion it’s not worth “manufacturing” free rental days unless you have a very cheap daily rate.
- If you have a Discover credit card, they offer $40 National gift certificates for $20 using your cash back account. Again…no brainer to use these here.
- Promo lasts until 1/31/15 and free nights can be redeemed through 6/15/15.
You can find coupon codes on websites like Slickdeals and FlyerTalk, the Amex Platinum card gives you National Elite Status (and a great discount btw), and they also offer status matches. There are plenty of ways to use this offer to your advantage, even if it’s not necessarily worth “gaming” to get huge numbers of free nights.
For a more detailed analysis of this promotion and a discussion of the merits of trying to really take advantage of the One Two Free promo, I recommend Frequent Miler’s post.