British Airways is running a promotion where the price of flights from London to select cities are being discounted by 50%. There is also a list of cities being discounted by 25%. The list of cities is extensive so you can view the full list here, and note the following restrictions:
- Flights must be booked by November 17, 2014.
- Travel date must be between November 6, 2014 and December 31, 2015.
Most discounted cities have validity throughout the entire discount period, but there are a few that have certain additional restrictions that are listed at the bottom of the promotion page. Be sure to look for the “+” mark next to these destinations.
Notable 50% discounted cities:
- Chicago/New York/Washington DC from 40,000 Avios to 20,000 Avios.
- Austin/Dallas/Denver/Houston/San Diego from 50,000 Avios to 25,000 Avios.
- Buenos Aires/Singapore from 70,000 Avios to 35,000 Avios.
All of the 25% discounted cities are in North America:
- Boston/Toronto from 40,000 Avios to 30,000 Avios.
- Atlanta/Los Angeles/San Francisco from 50,000 Avios to 37,500 Avios.
Note that these offers are for Economy class travel only, and all taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges still apply. Still, with this discount it might actually be worth it to pay those taxes. Note that taxes departing from London are pretty high.
Iberia is also having a sale, but much more limited. You can view the details in this PDF file.