- Introduction: Around the World in First Class
- Singapore Airlines Suites on the A380 LAX-NRT (Los Angeles to Tokyo)
- ANA Business Class Lounge NRT
- ANA Suite Lounge NRT
- Singapore Airlines Suites on the A380 NRT-SIN (Tokyo to Singapore)
- Singapore Transit Hotel at SIN Terminal 3
- KrisFlyer First Class Lounge SIN
- Singapore Airlines Private Room Lounge SIN
- Thai Airways Business Class BKK-LHE (Bangkok to Lahore) and Reverse
- Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore
- CIP Lounge LHE
- Novotel Bangkok Airport
- Thai Airways First Class Lounge and Spa BKK
- Thai Airways A380 First Class BKK-FRA (Bangkok to Frankfurt)
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal FRA
- Lufthansa 747-400 First Class FRA-YVR (Frankfurt to Vancouver)
- Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
As I mentioned in my previous posts in this trip report, I was traveling with my parents. That meant that finding a convenient transit hotel location trumped everything else during our 14 hour layover, and the transit hotel fit that bill. We booked it when we got to the airport, and the cost was about $124 for the 8 hours we had the room (double occupancy). It was a steep price, but we literally were paying for convenience. Prices at the time I booked were $92 for a 6 hour block plus another $16 for each additional hour.
The room was as no-frills of a room as I’ve ever been in, while also providing the bare essentials. There were two single/twin-size beds and a small TV that pretty much made the room what it was.
It was pretty dark and quiet in the room, so I headed over to the window to check out the view. Then I laughed out loud.
I should have known given the location of the room, but the “window” curtains hid only the wall behind it. It was there simply as a way to make the room feel more normal, and I suppose it did until you realize that you’re in a box of a room with no window.
There was also some coffee/tea on one of the tables in the room, which we also didn’t use.
The bathroom was decent sized and included a shower, toilet, and single sink. The only noteworthy part here is that there was a small 4″ step down from the room to the bathroom, something easily forgotten and potentially dangerous when one is tired from a travel day.
Otherwise, this stay was very uneventful. It’s next door to the free movie theater and a short walk to the SilverKris lounge. The terminal is huge though be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to get to your next flight if you’re going straight from this hotel.
Next up, a quick tour of the Singapore Airlines First Class Lounge!