Daily Getaways is a promotion run by the US Travel Association each spring. A couple years ago it started getting some serious promotion among travel bloggers, and some of the best deals have been really difficult to get. As in, sit by your computer clicking the refresh key over and over while you wait for the sale to launch.
But it can be worth it. Some deals are duds. Others offer serious discounts off travel that span the range of budget and luxury travel. Many offers are framed in the context of a specific discounted stay or car rental when really you’re just purchasing points that you could use for almost anything. No one will force you to use them for a five night stay at a mid-tier hotel if you’d really prefer a weekend at a luxury resort. It’s important that you carefully scrutinize the terms of each deal before you write it off.
I’m particularly looking forward to a regular appearance by Hyatt for purchasing Gold Passport points at a discount, as well as a week-long vacation package offered at two of Fairmont’s Hawaii properties.
Actual offers for 2015 will be posted on March 16, a week before the sales start. Here are some of the posts I wrote describing last year’s deals to give you an idea what you’re in for:
- Daily Getaways 2014: Hyatt Points Less Than 1 Cent Each
- Daily Getaways 2014: Packages from Caesars Entertainment
- Daily Getaways 2014: IHG Rewards Points for 19% Less
- Daily Getaways 2014: Which Rental Car Promotion Should You Choose?
- Daily Getaways 2014: Transfer Choice Privileges Points to Airline Miles, Skip Wyndham
- Daily Getaways 2014: Don’t Bet on Hilton HHonors Points