This is a deal that’s been floating around for a while, but kept mostly underground for fear that it would disappear if it became too public. Others have now written about it and given that there’s only one day left to get the offer, I figured it was worth letting everyone know and have a chance at it.
The American Express Business Platinum card with a 150K point bonus can be had if you’re able to meet the massive $20K spend requirement in the first three months. For those that manufacture spend regularly this shouldn’t be a problem. See my recent post on using Bluebird if you’re more on the beginner side.
Note that the $450 annual fee is not waived.
How to Get the 150K Offer
No online application for this one – you’ll have to call 877-628-6736 and provide the offer code L081-994-816-5743.
Phone applications are a bit tedious, but it’s well worth it for one of the biggest applications we’ve ever seen.
Amex Platinum Benefits
While the $450 annual fee is a significant deterrant for many people, it certainly isn’t for me. The value that can be had from this card is tremendous, and the 150K bonus points on top of that should make this application a no-brainer.
Here’s a quick list of the popular benefits:
- Priority Pass Select Lounge membership – gets you access to tons of lounges around the world.
- Access to Amex Centurion Lounges – increasing in number and definitely some of the better lounges in the US.
- $200 Airline Fee Reimbursement – these can be used on airline gift cards as well. If you were going to book airfare anyway, this can be seen as a direct reduction of your annual fee since it’s money you’d spend anyway. This is a calendar year benefit as well.
- SPG Gold Status – could be useful.
- Status and discounts with National, Avis, and Hertz.
- Access to Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts Program – very useful in some instances where you’re paying for your hotel stays.
- Better overall service from Amex.
This offer expires 5/15/15, so apply today!
HT to a friend who read it on Reddit.