Through June 21 it’s possible to get a 25% bonus on American Express Membership Rewards points transfers to Hawaiian Airlines.
Normally the transfer rate from Amex to Hawaiian is 1:1 (in increments of 1,000 Membership Rewards points), but with this transfer bonus 1,000 Membership Rewards will net you 1,250 HawaiianMiles.
Is This a Good Deal?
Hawaiian doesn’t have a super well-known frequent flyer program, but they do have a handful of decent awards that are made even better by this transfer bonus. The below listed prices are the lowest for each region, class of service, and for one-way flights.
- North America – Hawaii: 20,000 miles economy, 40,000 miles first class (16,000 and 32,000 with the transfer bonus)
- Intra Island: 7,500 miles economy, 15,000 miles first class (6,000 and 12,000 with the transfer bonus)
- South Pacific – Hawaii: 27,500 miles economy, 47,500 miles first class (22,000 and 38,000 with the transfer bonus)
- Australia – Hawaii: 40,000 miles economy, 65,000 miles first class (32,000 and 52,000 with the transfer bonus)
You can view Hawaiian Airlines’ full award chart here.
When you compare Hawaiian’s North American to Hawaii prices to competitors, you’ll see that it’s the the cheapest price offered but can be competitive, especially with the transfer bonus.
- Use British Airways Avios to book Alaska flights for as low as 12,500 miles (from some West Coast cities) each way in economy
- 12,500 Korean Air miles (transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards) from anywhere in the continental U.S.
- 22,500 miles on American, United, or Delta from anywhere in the continental U.S.
If you’re planning a trip to Hawaii and are ready to book your flights in the next few days so you can verify availability before you transfer or are flexible enough that you can wait for availability with Hawaiian Airlines, this could be a good transfer for you, especially if you don’t live on the West Coast.