Cathay Pacific A330s have been reconfigured since I took my trip in November 2014, but when I flew the 4 hour flight between Malaysia and Hong Kong the A330 I flew on was still equipped with Cathay Pacific new regional business class product in a 2x2x2 configuration. From what i can tell, all of Cathay Pacific’s A330s now offer lay flat seats similar to what is found on their long haul four class B777 aircrafts, but in a 1x1x1 configuration.
More from this trip:
- Around the world in First for 120,000 miles
- How much did my 120,000 mile + $300 ticket really cost?
- Courtyard Airport Hotel – Mexico City
- American Express Centurion lounge Mexico D.F. terminal 1
- Admirals Club Mexico D.F.
- American Airlines Premium Lounge Miami
- Saloon VIP Terminal J Miami
- Tam Farewell to First Class B777 Miami (MIA) to Sao Paulo (GRU)
- 15 hours in Sao Paulo 15 Hours In Sao Paulo – Graffiti, History, Laughter, and Caipirinhas
- LAN TAM VIP Lounge Sao Paulo Terminal 3 (GRU)
- TAM “Business” Class B777 Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris (CDG)
- Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris
- “First class” lounge Paris – ICARE Lounge
- Malaysia Airlines A380 Paris (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – First Class lounge
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Golden Lounge Review
- Cathay Pacific First and Business Class lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Regional Business Class Cathay Pacific A330 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge Hong Kong (HKG)– The Wing
- Cathay Pacific First Class B777 Hong Kong (HKG) to Los Angeles (LAX)
I have flown this product before and must say it’s one of my favorite business class seats as it is extremely comfortable and functional for short and medium haul travel. Although a private seat and all aisle access is always preferred, for short and medium haul flights it’s not practical. Furthermore, the recline and leg rest makes for a very comfort ride.
The service on the KUL to HKG sector was superb, as it always is with Cathay Pacific. Flight attendants memorized names, food service was outstanding, and service was always provided with a genuine smile. I felt like all I did during this 4 hour flight was eat and drink! By the time I made it to Hong Kong I was delightfully full and slightly buzzed.
The jetbridge is divided making it easier for business class passengers to board, newspapers are near the door for business class passengers.
preflight drinks – service with a smile!
the only thing I don’t like about Cathay Pacific meal service is their bulky carts they serve some items from.
Flying Cathay Pacific Business Class has always been a great experience. Service is always phenomenal and food is always good. Both Cathay’s hard and soft product is the best! Meal service likes this gives other carriers a good run for their money. For full reviews of regional business class, see my B777 regional business class from Hong Kong to Narita.
And before landing they offered us Parlines and espresso – I just could not resist!