Is It just me, or has Delta put away their “A” Game and replaced it with their “D” Game? Or maybe I had just drank the kool-aid for too long and Delta has always had their left foot forward, showing us their “D” game all along!
Either way, after being on a hiatus from business travel and using my miles for a number of leisure flights this year (flying to/from the Philippines, trips around South East Asia, and miles to/from and within Europe) I am back to revenue trips and due to my current project in Bangor, Maine, I’ve been flying Delta A LOT. Yet, with ONLY Delta and US Scareways servicing Bangor, Maine (unless you count the flights by Allegiant Air that include 3x weekly to Orlando and 2x weekly to Tampa), my choices have been extremely limited. Unfortunately, in just three weeks of travel, I have had experiences that I would wish upon no one!
In the coming days, you can expect a slew of stories from me about Delta’s D game. They are going to include items such as Delta taking away my upgrade after it was processed, irregular operations that caused me to NEVER get to my destination, the continual IT issues on delta.com and the fly Delta app, along with some commentary along the way. OR more like A LOT of commentary…..
Delta has been my favorite airline since the merger with NWA, and then I realized, the grass is multi colored all around. Each airline has their ups and down and I have had both good and bad experiences on United & AA this last year. Either way, lately Delta has been showing us their “D” game and if they keep it up they will join the list of defunct airlines—or one can hope!
Need some quick D game examples from the past 12 months? Take a look at these posts from the past year.
- Delta LOST my upgrade: Three Part saga (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Delta’s Skymiles is voted among WORST in industry
- Delta’s devalues Redeemable & Elite Miles earnings on partner flights
- Delta introduces Minimum spending requirements for Elite status
- Same Day Travel Changes Now Harder for ALL
- Being Bumped No longer results in Y class rebooking
Now although I may bitch, there are some instances which may be considered A game
- Delta gets me home from the Philippines while in a Bind
- Delta introduces cross over benefits
- Delta & Virgin Atlantic team up
- Delta Ante’s up the Transcon Experience JFK to Sea, SFO, SAN (by Rohan)
- Delta & Gol Team up/align Benefits
I am sure there are hundreds of examples of Delta’s A games and D games. But this year has seen more D game examples than A. For the next few weeks, I will be flying Delta and will be experiencing their D game performance. Yet then again, what can I expect from an Airline that Starts with the letter D…