Hilton just gave us one more reason to take that last “end of Summer” road trip. From now until September 9, 2018, you can earn double points on almost every Hilton Hotels stay. With this promotion, the only excluded hotels are the Hampton by Hilton Hotels in mainland China. That’s it. Every other hotel and resort within the Hilton family of hotels (Conrad, Hilton, Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn, etc) will earn you double points during this promotional period. That’s a pretty sweet deal.
Here are the important details:
- You must be a member of the Hilton Honors program AND be registered for this promotion prior to your qualifying stay. You can sign up or register for this special promo by clicking here.
- For every dollar you spend at a participating hotel, you will earn 20 Hilton Honors points (10 base points plus 10 bonus points). However, Home2 Suite and Tru by Hilton Hotels will only earn 10 points per dollar spent (5 base points plus 5 bonus points).
- Honors Silver, Gold and Diamond members will earn their elite tier bonuses on top of the 20 points per dollar spent (or 10 points per dollar at Home2 Suite and Tru by Hilton Hotels).
- Bonus points do not count towards elite tier qualification.
- The promotional stay period is from May 1, 2018 to September 9, 2018. Only nights completed during this promotional period will count towards your double points, regardless of your check-in/out dates.
- There are no caps on points earned or minimum stays required.
- However, not all rates will qualify. Certain rates such as travel agency discount, complimentary rooms, Team Member travel rates, wholesale/tour operator packages or third-party internet website bookings will not qualify. Click here for more information regarding which rates are eligible for points earning.
I’m a huge Hilton fanboy and I’m glad this deal was extended. This promotion was supposed to end on August 31, 2018 but was just extended to cover the Labor Day weekend. This is gonna be great for people like me who have end of summer plans.
For example, I have a paid stay at the Hilton Warsaw from September 2, 2018 to September 5, 2018. With this extension, I will be earning 6,360 Honors points for my stay, plus my diamond bonus of 3,180 Honors points, for a grand total of 9,540 Honors points. Without the promotion, I would have only earned 3,180 Honors points plus my diamond bonus for my 3-night stay in Warsaw.
And for all you road warriors and road trippers, you can also earn bonus Hilton Honors points for car rentals at Alamo, Enterprise and National Car Rental. From now until December 31, 2018, you can earn 500 bonus points for every rental day between 1 – 4 days, or an additional 7000 bonus points for every 5+ day rentals. This is in addition to the 500 Honors points you already earn per rental day by booking your car rental through Hilton. For example:
- 1 day rental = 1,000 points total (500 points + 500 bonus points)
- 2 day rental = 1,500 points total (500 points + 1,000 bonus points)
- 3 day rental = 2,000 points total (500 points + 1,500 bonus points)
- 4 day rental = 2,500 points total (500 points + 2,000 bonus points)
- 5 days or more = 7,500 points total (500 points + 7,000 bonus points)
Here are the important details:
- The Primary Driver’s Hilton Honors number must be provided at time of reservation.
- The name of the member associated with the Hilton Honors number provided must match the Primary Driver’s name on the rental to qualify for mileage awards.
- Only one Hilton Honors member per car rental will be credited with points.
- Special contracted corporate or promotional rates such as employee, net tour, travel agent, group, wholesale or package rates, crew, insurance/dealer replacement or other or non-revenue rentals do not qualify for points.
- Multiple rentals that encompass different cars on the same or consecutive days from the same location shall be counted as a single qualifying rental even if the member checks the car in and back out during the same period.
- Qualifying rentals must be booked through Hilton.com.
So what do you guys think? Will you be taking advantage of these promotions? Please let me know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!