There’s a new way to earn Marriott points — as many as 45,000 points can be earned each year for free! Marriott’s #RewardsPoints social media campaign allows users to earn points by following Marriott on social channels and participating in regular campaigns.
Registration is required, and you can start out by earning up to 750 points total for connecting your Instagram, Twitter account, and Facebook profile and an additional 250 points for following Marriott on Twitter and Instagram. Here are just a few examples of ways to earn more points:
Marriott is planning three to four new campaigns launched each month that will allow you to earn additional points when you engage with your social media channels. Here are all five key changes being announced by Marriott’s PR team:
- The #MRPoints program is changing its name to #RewardsPoints
- We’re increasing the annual earning potential from 2,500 points to 45,000 points!!
- Members can earn 750 points for connecting their Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts to their Marriott Rewards account
- Members can earn 250 points for following Marriott Rewards on Twitter and Instagram
- Now launching 3-4 new campaigns each month
How easy or hard it is to earn these points will determine how worthwhile it is to participate in the campaigns, but if you enjoy using social media anyway then it could be an great way to earn some bonus points along the way!
Marriott is actively promoting the opportunity to earn SPG points through this program, too. Since Marriott points transfer to SPG points at a 3:1 ratio, another way to think about this is the chance to earn 15,000 SPG points for free each year. Either way you look at it, it’s enough points for a free night at a large number of the SPG and Marriott properties!
I’m pretty excited about this new opportunity to earn points and can’t wait to see how it unfolds!