If you weren’t already aware, Friday May 15 is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! To celebrate, DoubleTree by Hilton is giving away their calorie intensive signature chocolate chip walnut cookie to travelers in select airport locations and partnering with select travel brands to surprise and delight travelers with this gooey delicacy! Not traveling tomorrow? Don’t worry, As DoubleTree invites anyone to walk through the doors of their hotel, reservation not required, and request a free chocolate chip cookie in honor of National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! However, do you know that you can also ship Christmas cookies to your loved ones? Check it out to learn more!
(photo courtesy of Doubltree)
This Friday, May 15,DoubleTree by Hilton will take National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day global with an international cookie blitz to surprise unsuspecting travelers with tens of thousands of the brand’s iconic chocolate chip and walnut cookies – the same signature greeting that is offered to each guest at check-in at DoubleTree by Hilton hotels worldwide. Whether journeying by air or ground, DoubleTree by Hilton is setting out to give travelers a sweet ride in honor of the day, teaming up with some of the world’s leading transportation partners, including Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental, to brighten travelers’ days with free cookies at select airport locations in North America, the UK and Australia. Additionally, DoubleTree by Hilton invites anyone to walk into any of its more than 415 hotels around the world for a free cookie throughout the day – with or without a reservation.
“At DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe that no matter where you are or what you are doing, cookies have the power to make you smile. It’s the reason we’ve welcomed guests with a warm chocolate chip cookie for more than 25 years,” said John Greenleaf, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. “Celebrating a fun, light-hearted holiday like Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is just another way we strive to surprise and delight travelers and make their journey sweeter. It’s a natural extension of what we do each day at our hotels globally to deliver our award-winning service experience through special comforts, amenities and acts of kindness that are synonymous with our brand.”
Where to get your free DoubleTree Cookie?
2015 CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DAY ACTIVITIES
All day long, DoubleTree by Hilton will celebrate through:
- Free chocolate chip cookie giveaways to anyone walking into one of the brand’s 415+ locations around the world – with or without a reservation;
- Tailored transportation partnerships to surprise travelers with thousands of free cookie giveaways, including:
- Virgin Atlantic check-in counters in San Francisco International Airport, Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and London’s Gatwick and Heathrow Airports
- Virgin Australia lounges in Sydney, Melbourne and Darwin Airports
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental counters located in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Denver International Airport, Orlando International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport
- Cookie Care events marked by free cookie giveaways in several markets around the world, such as a surprise giveaway for airlines passengers arriving at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport;
- Inviting consumers to visit www.facebook.com/DoubleTree to vote for a brand-new packaging design for the world-famous cookie, and get entered to win random prizes through Friday, May 22;
- And surprising several lucky fans with special Cookie Care packages that include the brand’s famous chocolate chip cookies! For a chance to win, fans can celebrate along throughout the day by using #CookieCare on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram (@DoubleTree).
Get your cookies when they are hot and free because if you’re going to indulge in the approximate 310 calorie and 18 grams of fat, you might as well indulge and do it when they taste the best!
Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day and thank you Hilton to adding to the obesity epidemic <wink>