Are you flying Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon to Hong Kong anytime soon? If so, make sure to book a stopover in Hong Kong for a free city tour or discounted tickets to Hong Kong Disneyland. From now until February 28, 2018, if you book a qualifying stopover between 6 and 24 hours, or between 3 and 7 nights, you can qualify for one of eight tours to enhance your Hong Kong experience. Travel period is from now until March 31, 2018 but unfortunately, does not apply if Hong Kong is your destination.
If your layover is between 6 and 24 hours, you can enjoy one of these four experiences.
Airport Express Same Day Return Ticket
The Airport Express takes you from Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) right into the heart of Central Hong Kong in just 24 minutes. Trains depart every ten minutes, and will grant you your first views of Hong Kong’s epic scenery.
- Operating hours are from 5:50 AM to 1:15 AM daily.
- Cost is free.
360 Transit in Lantau
Ngong Ping 360 is where you can enjoy 360-degree views on one of the world’s 10 best cable car rides. Enjoy express boarding to either a Standard or glass-bottomed Crystal Cabin, and after a 25-minute journey, alight at the open-air Ngong Ping Village where a wide range of shops and restaurants await. You’ll also receive admission to three dazzling attractions, including the action-packed live performance Stage 360; the 5D movie experience Motion 360; and the unique and interactive Walking with Buddha.
- Operating hours are from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.
- Cost is HKD 135 (approx $17.27 USD) per person.
Relax at Disneyland’s Walt’s Cafe.
Enjoy a lunch or afternoon tea set at Walt’s Cafe located at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. Enjoy your meal amidst Victorian décor – including dark wood molding and vintage photographs of Walt Disney himself – and take in the sweeping view of the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel gardens and the South China Sea. Afterwards, explore a garden maze in the shape of Mickey Mouse and stock up on the latest Disney merchandise when you hit the shops of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel.
- Includes round-trip shuttle transfer from HKIA and Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and a lunch or afternoon tea seat.
- Shuttle service hours are from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily.
- Cost is HKD 220 (approx $28.14 USD) per person.
Day at Hong Kong Disneyland
There’s no arguing with the fact that Disney is always worth your time – especially if it’s at Hong Kong Disneyland, where you will be immersed in more than a hundred attractions and entertainment offerings, including Disney’s first Marvel-themed ride, the ‘Iron Man Experience’, the state-of-the-art ‘Disney Paint the Night’ parade, the Broadway-style musical ‘Mickey and the Wondrous Book’, some dazzling ‘Disney in the Stars’ fireworks, and the out-of-this-world ‘Star Wars: Tomorrowland Takeover’.
- Includes round-trip shuttle transfer from HKIA to Hong Kong Disneyland and 1-day park ticket to Hong Kong Disneyland theme park.
- Shuttle services hours are from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily.
- Cost is HKD 385 ($49.25) per person. That’s a savings of $30 USD off the normal admission price and it includes round-trip shuttle transfer.
If your stopover is between 3 and 7 nights, you can enjoy one of these four experiences.
Hop-on, Hop-off City Bus Tour
Explore Hong Kong at your own pace with a comprehensive and unique sightseeing experience. The journey traverses Hong Kong Island, Kowloon Peninsula, and Stanley Market – three distinct locations that will allow you to experience the sheer diversity that Hong Kong is known for. You’ll enjoy even more perspectives of the city thanks to panoramic views of the iconic Hong Kong skyline from onboard the Star Ferry, and from the giddy heights of Victoria Peak with the Peak Tram Sky Pass or access to the Sky100 Hong Kong Observation Deck.
- Includes 1-day Classic Ticket including Star Ferry ticket, sampan ride, and choice of Peak Tram Sky Pass or admission to sky100 Hong Kong Observation Deck.
- Operating hours are from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM daily
- Cost is free.
Deluxe Hong Kong Island Combo Tour
Whether you’re visiting Hong Kong for the first time or returning after a long absence, this seat-in coach tour will perfectly orientate you around the beautiful Hong Kong Island. You’ll enjoy a Peak Tram ride up to Victoria Peak, a visit to Aberdeen Fishing Village (and optional sampan ride is also available at guests’ own expense), a trip to view the most popular beach in town, Repulse Bay beach, and finishes with a visit to Stanley Market, where you can stroll the famous seaside village bazaar. A complimentary classic rickshaw open-top bus ticket will be provided.
- Includes Deluxe Hong Kong Island tour in the morning or afternoon, One-way Airport Express ticket from airport to Hong Kong Station or Kowloon Station and a 1GB 3-day pre-paid SIM with 25 minutes of local airtime
- Tour pick-up time: approx. 7:50 a.m. to 8:40 a.m. at selected hotels for morning departure; or approx. 12:35pm to 1:25pm at selected hotels for afternoon departure.
- Cost is free.
Old Hong Kong Experience
It might be best known for its sparkling skyline, but Hong Kong’s bustling Central district has a rich history. Explore its characterful streets and alleys – from the antique-filled Hollywood Road to historic Pottinger Street – on an Old Town Walking Tour, the perfect start for getting to know Hong Kong. Later on in the afternoon, head to the Dukling and set sail on an authentic red-sailed Chinese fishing junk – restored for visitors to enjoy breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour at dusk.
- Includes a walking tour of Old Town and a Dukling Harbour tour.
- Tour starts at 1:00 PM and lasts approximately 5 hour.
- Cost is free.
Kowloon Cultural & Life Tour
Guided by the experts, get to know the local life of Hong Kongat some of the city’s most sensory and historic sights, including: the Chi Lin Nunnery, a monastic complex modelled on traditional Chinese heavy timber structures in the style of the Tang Dynasty; the beautiful Nan Lian Garden; the charming, Chinese-style Bird Garden, the gathering place of Hong Kong’s songbird owners who carry their beloved pets around in intricately carved cages; and the Flower Market, a jungle of exotic blossoms, luck-bringing houseplants, and sweet scents.
- Includes a guided tour including pick-up and drop-off at the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui Hotel
- Tour pick up time is 2:30 PM daily and lasts approximately 4 hours.
- Cost is free.
Important terms and conditions
- Your tickets must be purchased through Cathay Pacific’s website.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Only one offer is available per passenger and each offer can only be redeemed once. In other words, you can only redeem one of these offers during your layover and you can only redeem it once. For example, if you elect the hop-on, hop-off bus tour, you can only redeem it for one day. You can’t redeem it for 3 days in a row.
- Offer excludes flights booked in booking classes X, T and U.
- If your flight is eligible, you’ll see a banner on the booking confirmation page, and you’ll also receive a follow up email inviting you to register for the offers.
- Additional terms and conditions and instructions on how to redeem your tours can be found here.
What do you guys think of these free tours? Anything worth changing your schedule for? Please let me know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!