I won’t lie, I took my first intra-Europe flight on easyJet the other day and I liked it! It wasn’t anything special, but I still enjoyed my flight.
Why did I like easyJet?
1) Straight forward pricing. Yes, I had to pay to check my bags, but the website made it extremely clear how much it would be and provided me with a discount for paying for it online vs at the airport.
2) Early check in. There’s no excuse for having to check in at the airport with easyJet, especailly since check in is available 30 days before the scheduled departure. Not only can you check in early, but you can print out your boarding pass!
3) Friendly staff. Everyone I encountered seemed happy! And when I accidentaly printed out my boarding pass twice and did not print out my brothers, the agent offered to provide my brother with his pass free of charge! Normally an additional fee would be applied!
4) Boarding was on time, flight was on time, and we landed on time! Can one ask for more?
5) It was cheaper and faster than taking the train! The price of the ticket from Berlin to Amsterdam was 1/2 the price on easy jet and took just over an hour to fly!
What I did not like about easyJet
The seats did not recline. But for short flights like this does a recline matter? Absolutely not! And sure, the 29″ pitch is a bit tight, but even my brother who was 6’1″ didn’t have any problems.
So Overall, I would fly easyJet again! They were friendly, they didn’t try to up-sell me the entire flight, and I got to my destination for very little money and on time!