Lifetime status sounds really impressive, especially since I hope to have many decades of travel in my future. I have just attained a lifetime status for the first time:
This took a few days after my last stay posted putting me over the 250 night threshold.
Lifetime Gold status is not most exciting set of benefits, but its nice to know that I will keep these benefits moving forward with all Starwood stays. As referenced above, these standard Gold benefits include:
- Three Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent – a 50% bonus over base-level membership.
- 4 p.m. late checkout, so you can sleep in, relax by the pool or see more of the local area you’re visiting.
- An enhanced room at check-in, when available.
- Special elite customer service telephone line (available in most countries).
- New! Your choice of a welcome gift with each stay. Choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary in-room Internet access and a complimentary beverage.
I’m also in striking distance of United million miler, but at my current pace, it will be well into 2014 before I hit that number. With my current streak of bad luck flying United, I’m not sure if I should be excited or scared for that one. I think both Matthew and Kevin are closer than me and likely to hit MM this year.
What about you, any lifetime status you are excited about reaching?