Alaska Airlines has just launched a new “Early Bird” purchase program with an additional 10% bonus. This is a one-week special that ends on October 8, 2019
New, limited Time Bonus Increase
For one week, you can take advantage of an extra 10% miles bonus. Here is how it works:
For our most valued members: an exclusive early bird bonus of 10% extra miles, for a total of up to 50% bonus miles. Hurry, this extra bonus ends on October 8, 2019.
Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles, get a 20% bonus
Buy 20,000 – 39,000 miles, get a 35% bonus
Buy 40,000 – 60,000 miles, get a 50% bonus
Bonus Sale Terms and Conditions
There are the usual terms and conditions, here they are:
- Promotional offer to receive up to 50% bonus miles valid until 11:59 PM PST October 8, 2019.
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
My Take on This Promotion
I am a top-tier Alaska Mileage Plan member because their program is still the best. Their Mileage Plan program is still distance-based and not based on the price of your airfare. Alaska Airlines has it’s “non-alliance” alliance with major partner airlines around the world. Here is a list of Alaska Airlines partners:
If you need some additional miles to redeem an award ticket, this may be an excellent opportunity for you.