PointHound, which offers customers the ability to earn airline miles with every hotel booking without forgoing stay credit and points with their existing hotel loyalty program, has recently launched a new mobile site — about a year after their service first launched.
I don’t blame them, as I’ve never really enjoyed booking stuff on my phone (not enough screen real estate to really explore my options), but one perk is that they are offering 1,000 bonus miles with your preferred program when you make your first mobile booking through Monday, December 2. That’s about $15 if you value your miles at 1.5 cents each.
More interesting is the prospect of mobile-only rates for select destinations. Despite knowing the PointsHound guys reasonably well, I’ve never heard about this until now. Perhaps we can expect discounted rates a la Hotel Tonight? PointsHound already offers “Big Earnings” rates that provide a big boost in miles for a slight rate premium.
Don’t forget that PointsHound has already integrated its bookings system with mobile devices to some extent through its concierge service available to Level 2 and Level 3 members. Administered by CheckMate, these customers receive confirmation of their booking on the day of arrival. The concierge will ensure a hotel loyalty number is included in the reservation and request a preferred room.
If you haven’t signed up for PointsHound yet, you can use my referral link and we’ll both receive 250 bonus points — plus you get Level 2 status!
Mobile Booking Promotion Terms & Conditions:
- 1,000 Points awarded on a first mobile booking made between 12A GMT Tuesday November 26 and 12A GMT Tuesday, December 3
- Please allow 2-4 weeks from check-out of hotel reservation for points to post to your account
- Must book on a smartphone or tablet to qualify for mobile booking bonus
- One (1) bonus maximum per valid PointsHound account
- By participating in this promotion, you agree to PointsHound’s Terms & Conditions