Alaska Airlines just renewed their promotional agreement with Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks as their “Chief Football Officer.” Along with that news, Alaska is re-launching a promotion from last fall that offers discounted flights to Seahawks away games using the promo code RUSSELL2015. (Like many things in Seattle, this hints at Alaska’s rivalry with Delta. Although Delta is the official airline of the Seahawks, Russell is the most popular player and free to make his own agreements on the side.)
You don’t actually have to be attending a football game to be eligible for a 12% savings. You only need to be visiting the city during the dates indicated as well as meet a few other conditions:
- Most paid fares are eligible. However, discounted first class is not. This means you could pay for full price first class or any coach fare (some of which qualify for an instant upgrade).
- You don’t have to live in Seattle. The originating airport can be anywhere in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, or British Columbia.
- Connecting flights are eligible.
- Codeshare flights are not eligible. Travel must be on Alaska Airlines, however some flights operated by Horizon Air, Sky West, and Pen Air on behalf of Alaska are eligible.
- Some cities are served by more than one airport. The Bay Area includes San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose. Washington, DC, includes Reagan and Dulles.
- Because almost any fare is eligible, this promotion does not expire. You just need to comply with the advance purchase requirements of the fare.
More details on discount code terms and conditions are available by entering RUSSELL2015 in the discount code box before you begin your search and clicking on the question mark next to it.