I just got back from an amazing trip to India / Thailand. I had about 7 days of work that I had to do in India, and I had never even visited Asia before. I set out to try and create an itinerary that maximized my ability to use my United SWUs, see various parts of the world, burn some Marriott points, earn some Marriott points, and have some time for relaxation! I didn’t really have any control over my schedule in India. That was determined by my meetings. However, I DID have control over the beginning and end of the trip, my routing, and what I did on my free days in India.
In the end, I came up with the following itinerary:
- April 7: SFO-NRT-BKK on United
- April 8 – 10: One day in Bangkok!
- April 10: BKK-BOM-MAA on Jet Airways
- April 10 – 13: Sheraton Chola Chennai
- April 13 – 15: Renaissance Mumbai
- April 15: BOM-MAA on Jet Airways
- April 15 – 16: Courtyard Marriott Chennai
- April 16: MAA-DEL on Jet Airways
- April 16 – 21: Leela Kempinski Gurgaon
- April 18: Taj Mahal Day Trip to Agra
- April 21: DEL-BKK-KBV on Jet Airways / Thai Airways
- April 21 – 24: Phulay Bay, A Ritz Carlton Reserve
- April 24: KBV-BKK on Thai Airways
- April 24 – 25: Marriott Resort & Spa Bangkok
- April 25: BKK-NRT-SFO on United Airlines
Talk about a BUSY itinerary. SO much work to do, so much sight seeing to do, and so much relaxing to do! I think I did a great job of cramming it all together. I’m pretty exhausted now, and I’ll be working to post about one trip report per day, with pictures, of the whole experience!