UPDATE: This offer is no longer available.
In a final push to woo US Airways and American Airline flyers to earn miles with BarclayCard, BarclayCard has announced a limited time sign up bonus of 50,000 miles for new US Airways credit card applicants after making a single purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee! This bonus is 10,000 miles more than the latest promotion of 40,000 miles and 20,000 more than the typical 30,000 miles this card usually offers new card holders. In addition to the added bonus miles, this card has increased the number of perks over the last year in an attempt to win over customers before the merger between American and US Airways is completed.
Card benefits at a glance:
- 50,000 BONUS MILES after first purchase!
- Priority Boarding: Don’t have elite status or flying coach? No worries, now you board in zone 2, so overhead space for your bags should never be an issue!
- Free Check Bags: Check your first bag for free, for you and up to 4 people in the same reservation. A simple savings of $25 per bag or up to $125 per flight!
- 25% off inflight purchases: Use the US Airways credit card while flying American or US Airways and save 25% on inflight purchases for items like movies, snacks, and drinks
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on US Airways & American Airlines: Each transaction with US Airways and American Airlines will earn 2x the amount of miles you would normally earn! This means you earn double miles via AA.com, USAirways.com, via the phone with both airlines, at the airport, and in the air!
- Earn 1 mile for $1 Dollar everywhere else: Grocery stores, gas stations, post office, you name it you’ll earn miles with EVERY purchase!
- Bonus mile opportunities galore: Barclay is known for having a number of promotions where card holders can earn double miles or sometimes 7.66x miles for every dollar spent!
- Fly Your Family for $99: Each card holder receives one companion certificate which is good for 2 guests at $99 each, plus taxes and fees, to fly to any lower 48 US Airways destination.
- Benefits Coming in Second Quarter 2015: $100 flight discount on your account anniversary each year when you spend $30,000 on purchases. Also receive 10% of your redeemed miles back, up to 10,000 annually.
50,000 miles for $89 is just 0.00178 cents per mile! This is ungodly cheap!!!
I honestly love my US Airways credit card and have earned thousands of miles from this card. Not only does Barclay allow card holders to churn this card, but they offer tons of bonuses for cardholders. Since I have carried this card for the last 1.5 years, I have opened and closed it three times earning a new sign up bonus each time and have earned nearly 15,000 miles every other quarter through targeted promotions!
The US Airways Credit card and miles will convert to American Airlines Advantage miles mid-2015 and will continue to earn AAdvantage miles when the US Airways Dividend program merges into AAdvantage. Yet until then, there are still some great travel opportunities which are only possible with the US Airways Dividend program. For example: my around the world for 120,000 miles or Central/South East Asia in business for just 90,000 miles! Or see other great opportunities via my top 10 US Airways redemption options!
If you haven’t signed up for your US Airways Credit Card, time is running out! With this targeted promotion you could fly yourself anywhere in the lower 48, Alaska and Canada in Business class or two people in coach for free or the same offer will get you to the Caribbean during off peak months! In addition, Europe in the winter is only 35,000 miles, a true steal! Act now before it’s to late!