A generous reader sent me two one-time passes to the United Club for a giveaway. I shouldn’t have waited this long — see today’s notice about devaluations to the Club’s complimentary bar selections — but they were buried in a bag of loot. At least that means there is a bag of loot, so more good stuff coming in the future.
Each pass is good for a single person and a single entry to any United Club in the world. You don’t need to be flying United Airlines, and Star Alliance partner lounges are not eligible. Both passes expire on October 31, 2013. I’ll award both passes to one winner. You can enter through Friday at 12 PM (Pacific Time) by posting a comment below in response to this prompt:
What’s your preferred way to access airport lounges — any lounge, including those operated by other airlines or independent groups?
The MileagePlus Club card is the only one to include an annual membership to the United Club, but it also has a range of other “benefits.” Then again, competing products like the Platinum Card from American Express offer access to more clubs for a similar fee. And there are a variety of ways to get into clubs with elite status — even on “domestic” itineraries.
There’s no right or wrong answer to the prompt; I’m interested in seeing how the responses are distributed. The winner will be chosen at random on Friday, and I’ll mail out the prize as soon as possible.
Terms & Conditions on the back of each pass:
- This pass grants one person, one-time access to United Club.
- Access subject to space availability.
- This pass is valid for entry at any United Club location worldwide.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to redeem.
- This pass is subject to United Club terms and conditions, which United has the right to amend or modify with or without notice to its customers.
- Valid only in United Clubs. Excludes United Arrivals Lounge and United International First Lounge.