I’m really glad that I’ve made it through another 12 months to be able to write my fifth, “year-in-review” post and publish it here.
It goes without saying that 2017, much like 2016, was an endurance test for me. I spent many long, late nights at the office, burning the midnight oil and juggling a packed schedule between a full-time job, while having my executive MBA program from mba in canada. I also do blogging, teaching yoga classes for everyone, and trying to cram in some semblance of sleep and eating habits in various nooks and crannies.
But the best news is, I had a lot of fun doing it. It was a marathon of a year, and though 2018 will be no picnic, either, there will be some end in sight (I’m specifically referring to finishing up my Masters and am anticipating graduation come May 2018).
Enough of the personal talk, though. I did a fair bit of travel here and there, and although I did not get to attend as many events, conferences, or inaugurals as I did in 2016, I was able to enjoy a few media events whenever possible. Some of the ones that I did include:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of LAX Airport and a chance to sample out China Eastern’s First and Business Class Suites on the 777-300ER
- An opportunity to fly Air Berlin for the first and last time
- A chance to review and write about the Pan Am Experience at Air Hollywood in Los Angeles
- To sample the basic economy products rolled-out on U.S. carriers, such as American and United, which weren’t so bad after all
- Attending United Airlines’ Family Day at SFO, and saying farewell to the Boeing 747-400, and largely thanks to Taylor Swift
So, while I didn’t get to do some more unique things like fly on the #UA747Farewell flight, or take a 737-MAX, I did get to do a few others that I can cross off my bucket list:
- New Aircraft: 3
- 747-8 Intercontinental (Korean Air, Incheon – San Francisco)
- Airbus A321-NEO (Spirit Airlines, MSP-DFW)
- Cessna 210 (Swakopmund, Namibia)
- New Airlines: 11
- New Airports: 12
- NO MISSED FLIGHTS which is a first for me
Thank You, Readers
As I write this, I have much to be thankful for, and in particular, I am grateful for Scott’s leadership in bringing us on-board to Travel Codex around this time a year ago. The visibility has been exceptional, and the Team of people who have come from Upgrd is very lucky to have joined Travel Codex and Boarding Area.
I would also like to thank my readers for your feedback, criticism, loyalty, and support. It is because of you guys that we writers continue to research and post.
2018 will bring many changes for me, but I’ve already started planning some exciting trips, particularly post-graduation. I’ll be heading to Brussels, Belgium in June for a wedding, followed by Morocco, Portugal, and Prague later that month for another Yoga retreat and a friends’ 40th birthday. As always, with each year, I aim to test out new airlines, aircrafts, and airports, and I have thus far made bookings on Icelandair, WOW Air, CSA Czech Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Iberia, and TAP Air Portugal.
I’m sure that in-between, there may be some short trips here and there. Stay tuned…
Have a blessed holiday and a happy and healthy 2018!