The Asiana Boarding Gate Club is located in the satellite terminal that is served by most airlines serving Seoul Incheon Airport except for Korean Air and Asiana. Although Asiana flights fly to and from the main terminal, Asiana still maintains a smaller club for their Star Alliance Partners, known as the Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge. The lounge has a homely atmosphere, with lower ceilings and dim lights, one feels like they are in an old library of a turn of the century hacienda instead of a modern Asiana Business Class Lounge, like in the main terminal.
Like the main lounge, this lounge consists of one large area used for Star Alliance Gold members and Business Class travelers. The main sitting area is split into several small sitting areas, but is otherwise just one large room. There’s a dining area, located next to the food and beverages; a decent size computer room, with several high-end computers sponsored by Samsung; and 4 small relaxing pods with massage chairs (not quite as nice as in the main lounge) located next to the showers and bathrooms.
Food & Beverage offerings
↓ sitting areas ↑
When I visited this lounge, it was around 6pm in the evening and dinner items were being brought out by the staff. There was a large spread of food ranging from fresh fruit, hot dinner items like seafood spaghetti, cheese & crackers, fresh sautéed vegetables, and a salad bar. The food options were plenty for being a satellite lounge, however similar to the Korean Air lounge I found alcohol options to be severely limited to primarily just beer and wine.
This lounge, primarily used by Star Alliance carriers other than Asiana, is actually nice for what it is, even if it is a bit dated. There are very few outlets, so make sure to arrive with all your devices fully charged and a power adaptor. Otherwise kick back and enjoy this little oasis in an otherwise busy and amenity-lacking terminal.
Read more from this series:
- China Southern A380 Business Class Los Angeles to Guangzhou
- Sky Pearl VIP Lounge Guangzhou
- China Southern Business Class Guangzhou to Manila
- MIASCOR Lounge Manila
- Asiana Business Class Manila to Seoul
- Asiana Business Class Lounge
- Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Seoul to Bangkok
- Thai Airways Domestic Bangkok Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Phuket
- Thai Airways Domestic Phuket Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Phuket to Bangkok
- Thai Airways International Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Singapore
- Singapore Air SilverKris Lounge Terminal 2
- Singapore Air Business Class Singapore to Manila
- Delta Airline Check-in & Upgrade MNL-NRT
- Delta Airline SkyClub Manila
- Delta Airline 747 Business Class MNL-NRT
- Delta Airline 777 Business Class NRT-LAX