After a long flight nothing beats the superfluity of an arrivals lounge, a luxury reserved for only select travelers at very few airports worldwide. Etihad Airways has an arrival lounge at their hub in Abu Dhabi and offers the premier retreat for passengers traveling in business class and first class. The lounge also sees a lot of pass through traffic as anyone who booked chauffeur service through Etihad passes through the lounge on their way to their car.
The compact lounge offers two small seating areas with room for about 20-30 people each, a couple of TVs broadcasting world news, but muted; a small buffet of finger food and sweets, bathrooms and showers for freshening up, and Etihad Shave. Etihad Shave is a unique concept fior an airline which provides free barber services for men which includes either free beard trims or straight blade shaves. The lounge is fairly basic in its offering, minus etihad shave, but offers the amenities of an airport lounge landside after customs.
Reading and light snack options
After a long flight, my brother and I both took part in Etihad Shave concept in the Arrivals lounge. We both enjoyed having our beards trimmed and faces shaved. The barber was friendly and all smiles and left both my brother and I looking better than we did on arrival! After our quick shaves we grabbed our luggage and called an Uber to take us into Abu Dhabi so we could enjoy our evening exploring the Arab Capital. We did not qualify for a free transfer because we were on an optional extended layover on an award ticket.
More From This Series
- Etihad Airways First and Business Class Lounge Washington Dulles Airport (IAD)
- Etihad Airways B787 First Class Washington Dulles (IAD) to Abu Dhabi (AUH)
- Etihad Airways Arrival Lounge Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge Terminal 3 Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways A320 Regional Business Class Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Cairo (CAI)
- Qatar Airways A320 Regional Business Class Luxor (LXR) to Doha (DOH)
- Qatar Airways Stopover Hotel and Program Doha
- Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge Doha
- Qatar Airways A380 Business Class Doha (DOH) to Paris (CDG)
- American Airlines Admirals Club Paris (CDG)
- American Airlines B767-300 retrofit Business Class Paris (CDG) to New York