For your dedicated service to our communities, Margaritaville at Sea is offering free cruises for active and former military members; teachers, and first responders including police officers, firefighters and EMT personnel. From now until December 29, 2022, qualifying personnel can book a free “all-inclusive,” 3-day/2-night cruise from Palm Beach, Florida to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. The “Heroes Sail Free” promo gets you a free inside stateroom but you may qualify for a free Oceanview room upgrade if you sail by October 4, 2022.
Margaritaville at Sea, part of the Margaritaville brand of Hotels and Resorts, is their newest entry into the “offshore resort” experience. They operate just one ship, the Paradise, and they only offer one sailing to Grand Bahama Island. It’s a relatively small ship so don’t expect any water slides, go-karts, or extravagant water shows. With just 658 staterooms, the Paradise offers a casual experience with several restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. There’s also a pool, spa, and casino on board. It’s not the most amazing ship by any means, but if you’re looking for a cheap getaway, and you can make your way to Palm Beach, then this is a pretty sweet deal.
Here are the important details:
- The “Heroes Sail Free” discount only applies to the qualifying guest(s). Any additional guests, who do not qualify for the discount, are booked at the going rate.
- For example, if the qualifying member is a military veteran but his/her partner is not, then only one of you will qualify for the discount and the other person must pay the normal cruise rate. However, if both of you are military veterans, then you will both qualify for the discount.
- Qualifying guest(s) must be verified through GovX ID platform.
- Up to 2 qualifying guests may stay in the same stateroom.
- If you have two qualifying guests, then you must call their reservations department to book your free cruise.
- A limited number of single rooms are available so you don’t need a second person.
- Taxes, fees, port charges and gratuities are not included.
- Valid for cruises from September 9, 2022, through December 29, 2022
- Suites upgrades are available for a fee.
- Unlike other cruises, you are not allowed to bring any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board during embarkation.
More information can be found here.