JetBlue has announced a new perk to their Frequent Flyer program: Family Pooling. The introduction of family accounts makes JetBlue the US based airlines to allow pooling of frequent flyer points between family members. Each family is allowed to consist of 2 adults over the age of 21 and up to 5 children under the age of 21. Each person will still have their own Frequent Flyer account, but will be able to allocate a certain percentage of points per transaction/flight to the family account.
- Families can consist of up to 2 adults and 5 children. At a minimum, there must be 2 individuals in a Family Pooling account.
- The Head of Household will manage all of the points in their Family Pooling account.
- Any adult can start a Family Pooling account and be the Head of Household. You just have to be a TrueBlue member to get started.
- An adult is anyone over the age of 21. A child is anyone under 21.
- Upon accepting an invitation to begin pooling, each family member will select how many points to contribute upfront (with zero transfer fees) and the percentage of points they want to contribute on an ongoing basis per transaction.
- Changes in contributions can be made once a year starting on the date the family account was formed.
- Members are not permitted to join multiple different Family Pooling accounts.
The highlights to this program is when first joining a “family” you can transfer TrueBlue points between your account and the family account for free! This means, if you’re about to gift or transfer miles to someone, you can now do it for free and avoid accruing any fees and charges! Not to mention, now free travel just came quicker because up to 7 people can be sharing miles towards a free ticket! Way to go Jetblue! I approve!