Korean Air is putting Asia on sale with some incredible fares. If you have ever wanted to visit Hong Kong, the Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam, now would be a good time to book a trip. From now until March 11, 2018, you can purchase roundtrip airfare from the United States to select destinations within Asia such as Bangkok, Cebu, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Phuket, Tokyo and others for under $650. These prices are inclusive of all taxes, fees and surcharges.
Here are some examples:
- Chicago to Manila for $608
- Chicago to Ho Chi Minh City from $621
- Chicago to Cebu from $654
- Chicago to Bangkok from $660
- Chicago to Hong Kong from $685
- Honolulu to Tokyo from $614
- Houston to Hong Kong from $653
- Los Angeles to Manila from $595
- Los Angles to Phuket from $671
- Los Angeles to Cebu from $685
- Los Angeles to Bangkok from $687
- Los Angeles to Ho Chi Minh from $689
- New York to Chiang Mai from $660
- New York to Phuket from $671
- New York to Singapore from $709
- San Francisco to Cebu from $671
- San Francisco to Pudong from $686
- San Francisco to Shenyang from $686
- San Francisco to Mumbai from $714
- San Francisco to Beijing from $733
- Seattle to Cebu from $654
- Washington DC to Bangkok from $660
- Washington DC to Manila from $677
As for the experience, Korean Air actually puts out a great economy class product. On their longhaul aircraft, you can expect a spacious seat with 18 inches of width and 32-34 inches of pitch; a personal, 10.6’’ entertainment system with on-demand movies, TV shows, music and games, USB/universal electrical outlets; and an amenity kit.
For dining, you can expect a 3-course meal with complimentary beer, wine and spirits. All flights to/from the United States will receive two full meal services and a snack service mid-flight.
Korean Air Sale Important Details
- Sale period is between now and March 11, 2018.
- Travel period is between September 7, 2017 and March 22, 2018.
- A stopover in Seoul can be added for $100.
- These economy class fares are not upgradable to business class with miles.
- NO ADVANCE SEAT RESERVATIONS.
- I’m not entirely sure but I think these economy class sale prices are N fare class. If that’s the case, these tickets will credit ZERO miles to Delta and 50% to Alaska Airlines. However, when credited to Korean Air’s own SkyPass program, you will earn 70% mileage credit.
To purchase one of these cheap fares, just use Korean Air’s own website. Their website is very user-friendly and they made it pretty easy for you to find the best deals. Just use the calendar to search for their lowest fares. Availability is pretty good for travel from now until early next year.
Korean Air Sale bottom line
With Korean Air, you can get to all their Asian destinations with a one-stop in Seoul. This makes for an easier travel day and depending on your layover, you may even qualify for a free SEOUL CITY TOUR from Incheon Airport. More information about the free transit tour can be found here. Overall, I think this is a great sale. The only negative to this sale is the no advanced seat selections but if you don’t mind where you sit, this sale can’t be beat. More information and to see a complete list of sale destinations can be found here.
What do you guys think about this Korean Air sale? Please let me know in the comments section below.