For those who are (elite?) members of the Marriott Bonvoy program, watch your email inbox for an email with the subject, “Your Gift from Marriott Bonvoy”. It contains Marriott Gift Cards.
Mine is for $50. Doesn’t seem to expire, and is valid worldwide.
Here are the terms and conditions, and here are some highlights from that page:
Marriott GiftCards may be used at participating Marriott Hotels at these brands and at participating hotel outlets; retail, spa, golf and food and beverage:
- AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Courtyard®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, EDITION®, Element®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Le Méridien®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Moxy Hotels ,Renaissance®Hotels, Residence Inn®, Sheraton®, SpringHill Suites®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve® hotels, TownePlace Suites®, Tribute Portfolio™, W®, Westin®
- Marriott GiftCards may also be used at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels.
- The following Marriott Hotel Brands DO NOT accept Marriott GiftCards:
- Bvlgari, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club®, The Ritz-Carlton® Partner hotels
- Marriott GiftCards and Marriott Shop Retail Gift Cards may be redeemed on participating retail sites toward the purchase of Marriott retail branded merchandise:
- Marriott Hotels, shopmarriott.com; Courtyard Hotels, shopcourtyard.com; JW Hotels, curatedbyjw.com; Gaylord Hotels, gaylordhotelsstore.com; Renaissance Hotels, collectrenaissance.com; Fairfield Inn & Suites, shopfairfieldinn.com
No idea what this is for, but with the horrific rollout of the new loyalty program, and ongoing customer service issues, maybe they are finally realizing the problems are more than just “noise around the edges“.
Did you get a Marriott gift card?
These days, I’m focusing my hotel stays on Hyatt as much as possible. Since I mostly travel to larger cities in the US and occasionally Asia, Hyatt usually works for me. I do still stay in Marriott properties somewhat frequently. I’m a Lifetime Platinum, and already have 29 nights so far this year. 15 of them a benefit of my (formerly) SPG Amex card.
I got $50, not too bad at all. My wife holds Gold status in the program (via United Rewards Plus), and hasn’t received anything. I presume Marriott is hoping most people ignore this and don’t use the card. Given the size of the loyalty program, redemption of even a small percentage of cards will be a significant expense for the company. To me, it’s free money, albeit in concert with likely significantly more spend at a Marriott hotel. Admittedly, I’m a bit surprised and delighted.
How much was your gift card from Marriott?