Thai Airways has a number of Royal Silk lounges in the Suvarnabhumi Bangkok International Airport ranging from their domestic lounge to their more posh first class lounge and they even offer a Royal Silk Spa free for business class and first class passengers. Each Royal Silk Lounge serves a different purpose and depending on what lounge one visits, I would say there is a vast difference in offerings as well.
On my way from Bangkok to Phuket, we arrived at the BKK Airport slightly earlier than we needed to, so we decided to relax in the Royal Silk Domestic Lounge. The lounge is conveniently located in concourse A, near the gates that Thai Airways use for domestic flights. The lounge is open every day to passengers flying on Thai Airways Business Class or First Class and Star Alliance Gold Members in any class and Royal Orchid plus gold & platinum members. Due to the large number of passengers who have access to the lounge, the 657 square meter lounge can get very full, very fast!
Upon entering the lounge, Business Class passengers are directed to the left to enter a large room that is somewhat “U” shaped with seating all the way around it. There is a TV in the back, playing international news in English, a wall full of computers, and a small kitchen area with a number of small finger foods to snack on, soda, water, juice, and coffee. There is no alcohol (not even beer or wine) served in the domestic lounge. If you walk through the lounge on the left side, you can follow it down a winding hallway, pass the kitchen and you’ll enter a large room known as the garden room. This room is full of windows that look out over a lush green garden, has tons of natural light, and high ceilings. The garden room is louder though because it’s not closed in; the announcements from the terminals are easily heard.
As I mentioned before, food and drink options in the domestic lounge are scarce, but there’s enough to snack on if you’re feeling puckish. The food options range from fresh tropical fruit, shumai, and pastry puffs full of meat, curry vegetables, or sweet cream. There’s also instant soup and the kicker that made me laugh, hotdogs!
Service inside the lounge is great. There are a number of attendants that constantly make rounds and pick up after guests. Once I had finished my drink and food, it was only a minute before a lounge attendant swooped in and cleared the table in front of me. There is also good Wi-Fi access throughout the lounge.
So kick back, relax, have an alcoholic free drink and enjoy the busy space before your next domestic flight.
Here’s a couple of Videos I found on Youtube of the lounge. Both the inside part and the garden room.
Read more from this series:
- China Southern A380 Business Class Los Angeles to Guangzhou
- Sky Pearl VIP Lounge Guangzhou
- China Southern Business Class Guangzhou to Manila
- MIASCOR Lounge Manila
- Asiana Business Class Manila to Seoul
- Asiana Business Class Lounge
- Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Seoul to Bangkok
- Thai Airways Domestic Royal Silk Lounge, Bangkok
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Phuket
- Thai Airways Domestic Phuket Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Phuket to Bangkok
- Thai Airways International Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Singapore
- Singapore Air SilverKris Lounge Terminal 2
- Singapore Air Business Class Singapore to Manila
- Delta Airline Check-in & Upgrade MNL-NRT
- Delta Airline SkyClub Manila
- Delta Airline 747 Business Class MNL-NRT
- Delta Airline 777 Business Class NRT-LAX