- Introduction: Around the World in First Class
- Singapore Airlines A380 Suites LAX-NRT (Los Angeles to Tokyo)
- ANA Business Class Lounge NRT
- ANA Suite Lounge NRT
- Singapore Airlines A380 Suites NRT-SIN (Tokyo to Singapore)
- Transit Hotel SIN Terminal 3
- KrisFlyer First Class Lounge SIN
- Singapore Airlines Private Room Lounge SIN
- Thai Airways Business Class BKK-LHE (Bangkok to Lahore) and Reverse
- Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore
- CIP Lounge LHE
- Novotel Bangkok Airport
- Thai Airways First Class Lounge and Spa BKK
- Thai Airways A380 First Class BKK-FRA (Bangkok to Frankfurt)
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal FRA
- Lufthansa 747-400 First Class FRA-YVR (Frankfurt to Vancouver)
- Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned how I was on a bit of a dream trip, flying West around the world to get on some airline products that are considered “aspirational” to many people. I completed a few bucket list items on this trip including finally flying Singapore Airlines Suites, which turned out to be the best flight I’ve ever taken, and Thai Airways First Class on their A380, which I was disappointed with.
I also got to experience some of the more interesting ground services/lounges available as I got access to the Thai Airways First Class Lounge and Spa in Bangkok prior to my Thai Airways flight. Later on I also got to access the Lufthansa First Class Terminal, one of the more exclusive lounges that there is.
In the middle of my trip, however, was a stop in Lahore, Pakistan. I was there attending a wedding, and I’ll be sure to review the Pearl Continental Hotel since I’m pretty sure no other points blogger ever will. There were also some other interesting lounges along the way including the Singapore Airlines Private Room, and due to long layovers I was staying at some airport hotels.
It was a bit of an exhausting trip, but I’m extremely happy with my decision. I like to be able to provide first hand advice to people when they ask about which flights/carriers are better than others, and trying some of these routes and lounges first hand will definitely help in that regard. Hopefully it’ll also provide for some good entertainment!
And yes, I realize I’m working on three separate trip reports at the same time. It would be pretty boring if you knew exactly what post to expect next, so this is my attempt to mix it up a little bit!