Club America in Terminal J at Miami international Airport is a crowded place in the late afternoon as the lounge is shared by all international airlines operating out of Terminal J. This includes not only Tam, who I was flying, but Lufthansa, Avianca, LAN, Aerolineas Argentinas, Swiss, and more. Many of these airlines operating late afternoon and evening departures to Europe and Central and South America, therefore around 5:45pm when I entered the club, it was nearly at capacity and finding a place to even sit down was impossible–it truly was standing room only. Thankfully by 6pm, the club cleared out as many flights started boarding and finally I was able to enjoy the tranquility of the lounge.
The small to medium size lounge is one big open L shape lounge and has a very open design concept with a bar and self-serve food area against one wall, and another buffet area around the corner in the back. Both buffet areas offer the same food options, which includes small sandwiches, cookies, mix nuts, fresh veggies, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, and Häagen-Daz ice cream. At the bar, alcohol selections includes mid-tier spirits including Bombay sapphire, Chivis Regal 12, Absolute vodka, and a mixture of red and white wines that tend to retail for $10-$15/bottle.
There are two showers available on a first come first serve basis and each shower room includes a large shower, toilet, sink, vanity, and pharmacopia shower products.
I actually failed to get any photos of club America, but this youtube video gives a good overview of the club. The only major difference is the divider is now gone and the club is opened up as one. The opaque wall use to divide the first class side of the lounge from the business class lounge, but that has changed and the lounge is now all open to all passengers.
Overall, like the gentleman in the video, I was not impressed with this lounge and was quite disappointed that this was the first class lounge provided for passengers on TAM. I would much rather relax in the American Airline Premium lounge in Terminal E.
More from this series:
- Around the world in First for 120,000 miles
- How much did my 120,000 mile + $300 ticket really cost?
- Courtyard Airport Hotel – Mexico City
- American Express Centurion lounge Mexico D.F. terminal 1
- American Airlines Admirals Club Mexico D.F.
- American Airlines Premium Lounge Miami
- Saloon VIP Terminal J Miami
- Tam Farewell to First Class B777 Miami (MIA) to Sao Paulo (GRU)
- 15 hours in Sao Paulo 15 Hours In Sao Paulo – Graffiti, History, Laughter, and Caipirinhas
- LAN TAM VIP Lounge Sao Paulo Terminal 3 (GRU)
- TAM “Business” Class B777 Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris (CDG)
- Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris
- Malaysia Airlines “First class” lounge Paris – ICARE Lounge
- Malaysia Airlines First Class A380 Paris (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – First Class lounge
- Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur Regional Golden Lounge Review
- Cathay Pacific First and Business Class lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL).
- Cathay Pacific Regional Business Class A330 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge Hong Kong (HKG)– The Wing
- Cathay Pacific First Class B777 Hong Kong (HKG) to Los Angeles (LAX)