I was fortunate to fly ANA First Class from Chicago to Tokyo in late 2015. I’m nearly finished with my trip report, but first I wanted to add a review of the amenity kit I received. For our introductory post and description of the categories, and the 5 point rating scale, please click here.
ANA currently offers First Class amenity kits in a miniaturized Samsonite luggage case. It is not as swanky as the renowned Rimowa cases they used to offer, but the contents seem to be the same. ANA has details of amenity offerings here. There are also pajamas, slippers and socks that were offered as well. The Flight Attendants also offered a sweater for use on board, but the cabin was warm enough as it was, I didn’t need an additional layer.
ANA Samsonite Amenity Case
ANA First Class Samsonite Amenity Kit
Bag/Container: The mini suitcase looks nice enough, but its not really all that functional to be reused. I prefer a more compact and compact-able case for toiletries, at least when traveling. Score: 4
Product: The Ginza branded items include creamy cleansing foam, energizing lotion and moisturizing emulsion. I hadn’t heard of this brand before, but apparently it is pretty high end (or at least expensive) line made by Shisiedo. Score 4.5
Comfort Items: In the main kit are a comfortable eye mask and some socks. There is also a case containing some foam earplugs. Score: 4
Miscellaneous: Pretty basic. Included in the kit are a full sized toothbrush, a small tube of toothpaste. Score: 3
Extras: The Pajamas are comfortable, but in the warm cabin, a bit too heavy for my preference. Score: 4
This was a pretty decent amenity kit from ANA, the items included are pretty standard, but the quality of the cosmetics were very nice, there really isn’t anything too unique to what is included. It averages out to a score of 3.9.
Do you have your own ANA amenity kit? Please tell us what you think.
Other Amenity Kit Reviews
- Japan Airlines First Class
- ANA First Class
- British Airways First Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Qantas First Class
- Thai Airways First Class (Rimowa 2014)
- Japan Airlines Business Class
- Lufthansa First Class (Escada)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class (new Seventy-Eight Percent)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (Cowshed Kit)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst
- American Airlines Transcon First Class (Reno Air Heritage Series)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (new TEAM USA kit)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Bree)
- Etihad Business Class (LUXE)
- Qatar Airways Economy Class
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2016)