This Japan Airlines business class kit is from my Tokyo to Los Angeles flight a few months ago. This kit has so much potential but sadly, falls way short in our ratings. For our introductory post and description of the 5 category, 5 point rating scale, click here.
Japan Airlines has two different colored Tumi branded amenities kits, black for outbound flights from Japan and red for inbound flights to Japan. Both kits are unisex and contain the same items.
Bag/Container – I love Tumi branded kits. They are high quality, stylish and can be reused for years to come. This all black, canvas kit is sleek with red Tumi branding on the lower right corner, zipper pull and joint “Tumi for Japan Airlines” branding on the inside label. There is only one main compartment that opens from the top. The medium size kit is larger than the Delta Tumi kit and can hold both travel and full size products for future use. Score: 5
Product – I was really disappointed here. The only product inside this business class kit is an off-brand stick of medicated lip balm. No hand cream, face moisturizer or anything else. Score: 1
Comfort items – The comfort items include a Tumi branded eye mask and generic ear plugs. The canvas eye mask is stylish with the Tumi branding but does not have adjustable straps to the rear. The unbranded ear plugs do the trick but are nothing special. Score: 3
Miscellaneous items – The kit also includes a package of tissues, moisture mask and dental kit containing a single use toothbrush and sample size tube of unbranded toothpaste: 3
Extras: No socks are provided with this kit but you do get a set of standard slippers. Score: 2
Overall, this Japan Airlines business class amenity kit is kind of a disappointment and scores a 2.8 in our ratings. The best part of this kit is the bag itself but everything else inside (and not inside) falls way short compared to their international competition. It really is a shame considering how amazing their first class kit is.
Do you have one of Japan Airlines’ business class amenity kits? Please tell us what you think.
Other Amenity Kit Reviews
- Japan Airlines First Class
- ANA First Class
- British Airways First Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Qantas First Class
- Thai Airways First Class (Rimowa 2014)
- Japan Airlines Business Class
- Lufthansa First Class (Escada)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class (new Seventy-Eight Percent)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (Cowshed Kit)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst
- American Airlines Transcon First Class (Reno Air Heritage Series)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (new TEAM USA kit)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Bree)
- Etihad Business Class (LUXE)
- Qatar Airways Economy Class
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2016)