This amenity kit review is based on what I received on from my flights on Virgin Atlantic in Upper Class, their business class product. I flew from Chicago to London then onward to Dubai. For our description of the categories and the 5-point rating scale.
The Herschel Supply Company branded cases provided differ depending on the direction of the flight to/from Heathrow, but the contents are the same. Its a decent kit, particularly considering pajamas are offered which is rare for a business class product.
Bag/Container: These kits are stylish and appear to be of decent quality. There is a Herschel imprint on the bag and on the zipper pull as well as a Virgin Atlantic tag along a seam. The larger bag pictured on right is just one large interior pouch, while the bag on the left has a few smaller zippered pockets. Either would work well to be re-purposed to carry toiletries for future travel. Score: 5
Product: Inside another smaller cloth pouch is Rituals branded hand cream, face cream and lip balm. There is also an aromatherapy spray bottle from thisworks that is supposed to help with sleep. Overall pretty solid offering for business class. Score: 4.5.
Comfort items: Pretty standard items include earplugs, socks, and an eye shade (which I used and misplaced for the above photo). Score: 4.
Miscellaneous items: Standard unbranded toothbrush plus Signal toothpaste. Score: 3.
Extras: Pajamas! Virgin Atlantic offers a sleep suit to all upper class passengers. It is a decently soft black fabric with a v-neck top and bottoms with drawstrings at the waist and the ankles. There is also one pocket in the pants. There is also a pen, which comes in handy when filling out arrival forms. Score: 5.
These offerings from Virgin Atlantic are better than what is offered in business class by most other carriers in the same market. My ratings averaged to 4.3.
Have you received one of these Herschel amenity kits from Virgin Atlantic? Please let us know what you think.
Other Amenity Kit Reviews
- Japan Airlines First Class
- ANA First Class
- British Airways First Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Qantas First Class
- Thai Airways First Class (Rimowa 2014)
- Japan Airlines Business Class
- Lufthansa First Class (Escada)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class (new Seventy-Eight Percent)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (Cowshed Kit)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst
- American Airlines Transcon First Class (Reno Air Heritage Series)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (new TEAM USA kit)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Bree)
- Etihad Business Class (LUXE)
- Qatar Airways Economy Class
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2016)