Swiss International Air Lines is a member of Star Alliance, and this summer I was pleased to finally have the opportunity to fly with them on a long haul flight. Awards in first class is pretty hard to come by, but business class is easy enough, and has nice service, even if the seats aren’t anything too special. There was space for 3 of us on the date we wanted, so it worked out great. Here is a review of the Victorinox branded amenity kit we received on our flight in Swiss Business Class from Zurich to Chicago.
Welcome to another installment of our amenity kit review series. As in previous reviews, I will be reviewing this amenity kit on a scale from 1 to 5 (being the best) and will rate it based on five categories:
- Bag/container: design, quality and reusability/collectibility of the bag.
- Product: quality, size and variety of the facial and body products.
- Comfort items: eye masks, ear plugs, etc.
- Miscellaneous: pens, tissues and everything else.
- Extras: additional items that make your flight just a tad more comfortable including pajamas, slippers, etc.
Swiss Business Class Victorinox Amenity Kit
As of 2018, this is a new version of the Swiss Business Class kit, made by Victorinox, best known for making “Swiss Army” knives among other products. I received one of several options of the kit bag. These bags will rotate over time, and the tin is also a pencil case and is offered on some flights inbound to Switzerland.
The bag on our flight from Zurich to Chicago is pictued above. It is of good quality, a small zippered case with mesh on one side, and gray knit materil on the other. It is thin, with Victorinox logos on the outside, and a Swiss logo inside. I suppose this is a pencil case, or could carry cords or smaller plugs for devices. Score: 4
Just the bare minimums are included in the kit, lip balm, toothbrush, toothpaste. That’s it. Earplugs and lip balm is unbranded. That said, there are other items in the lavatories, including some hand lotion, and small tubes of face moisturizer. There is a card in the kit also mentions that other items are available, including a shaving kit, nail file, and a shoehorn. Score: 2.5
These items are basic, but a step above typical offerings. The eyemask is plain black, but thick with a soft fabric and has an elastic strap adjustable with velcro. Socks are bright red, and have some grip on the bottom side. Not that I would wear them around the plane, at least not in the lavatories. Score: 3
Maximum White branded toothbrush and toothpaste, same as offered in Lufthansa’s kit. That’s all. Score: 2.5
There is nothing extra here, although as mentioned before, while the kit contents are basic, there are other items available in the lavatories, as well as upon request. At least the face lotion is nice, and likely the only item I’ll continue to use going forward. Score: 2.5
Final thoughts on the Victorinox Swiss Business Class Amenity kit
This amenity kit is a decent case, with pretty basic contents. Nothing special, By averaging the scores, I rate this kit 2.9
Have you received one of these Victorinox kits on a Swiss Business Class flight? Please let us know what you think.
Other Amenity Kit Reviews
- Japan Airlines First Class
- ANA First Class
- British Airways First Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Qantas First Class
- Thai Airways First Class (Rimowa 2014)
- Japan Airlines Business Class
- Lufthansa First Class (Escada)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class (new Seventy-Eight Percent)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (Cowshed Kit)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst
- American Airlines Transcon First Class (Reno Air Heritage Series)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (new TEAM USA kit)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Bree)
- Etihad Business Class (LUXE)
- Qatar Airways Economy Class
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2016)
- American Airlnes Business Class (Cole Haan 2017)
- Austrian Airlines Business Class
- Delta One Domestic Tumi
- Air France La Premiére
- Qantas First Class Martin Grant
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2018)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Reisenthel 2018)