The Lufthansa First Class terminal is an amazing place, and a must visit for anyone that is departing Frankfurt airport in Lufthansa First Class. I’ve reviewed the FCT here (and here) before, and Matthew and Daniel have posted a excellent reviews of the lounge. Since it has been covered multiple times by me and others, this report will focus only on the new experiences I had during this visit.
I tweeted my excitement about visiting the FCT the evening before when I arrived in Frankfurt. There was a reply from the terminal’s twitter account, which I thought was cute, but I didn’t make too much of it. Shortly after I sat down and began to relax, the personal assistant who checked me in came up to me. I was a bit concerned there was something wrong with my flights or something, but she asked to introduce me to the manager of the First Class Terminal. I was still confused, but he warmly welcomed me to the lounge, and handed me a World Cup-themed rubber duck. We had a brief chat, and I thought it was a nice touch. I don’t have the opportunity to visit the terminal as much as I would like (not even close), but it was very nice to meet the manager, and get the personal welcome and gift.
Lufthansa First Class Terminal Dining
After a little bit of email time and relaxing in a lounge chair, I headed over to the restaurant. The menus had switched over to lunch, so I decided to see what was available.
English menus for lunch in the First Class Terminal
I tried and failed to resist the Wiener Schnitzel, since I know from past visits that this is excellent.
Yum! FCT Wiener Schnitzel
After the meal, I returned to my lounge chair to enjoy the rest of my time in the lounge.
There is an incredible drink selection with whiskeys, rums, and many more alcohol selections that I’ll talk about in more detail shortly. Something new (to me at least was a very thorough selection of colas from around the world. I’m not much of a soda drinker, but this was pretty extensive. Who knew there were this many options?
Lufthansa First Class Terminal Cola menu
The shower experience is always a nice part of the FCT. There are excellent shower rooms, so I freshened up before leaving
As mentioned in my review of the Le Meridien Parkhotel, my visit to Frankfurt was during the World Cup. The FCT also had a special World Cup menu, and used the lower level car boarding area to show live matches. My flight departed before any matches were on.
A little junk food to nibble on while watching football
Viewing schedule for the day of my visit
Lufthansa First Class Terminal Bar
As my time in the terminal was winding down, I moved over to the bar. I was first impressed by the candy options…
assorted candies available at FCT bar
…but what I was really looking forward to was sitting behind the bar
Lufthansa First Class Terminal bar
The selection was pretty amazing. If my time was unlimited, I really could have parked my self here. There are multiple high end types of various liquors. I recall trying a few of the more unique bourbons that were available. As you can see, the selection is very diverse.
Ride to the plane
All too soon, my personal assistant found me at the bar, and told me it was time to head to my plane for my flight. I was pleased to be the only person heading to the Toronto flight, so I had the Porsche to myself for the great ride on the tarmac at Frankfurt.
Porsche ride to plane
Some of the traffic at Frankfurt Terminal 1 while riding to my gate
The 747-400 that I’d ride to Toronto.
Another great visit to the First Class Terminal. It isn’t an easy place to get to, but it is so worth the effort. Next up is my review of my seat and bed on the flight back to North America.
To answer the question posed in the title of this post; yes, this is the best airline lounge in the world. I reserve judgement and look forward to visiting one that is better than this, but of all the lounges I have experienced, none can match the experience that the Lufthansa First Class Terminal provides.
Other posts in this series:
- Air Canada to Toronto and The Maple Leaf Lounge
- First Class all to myself: Lufthansa Inaugural Toronto to Munich
- Munich Lufthansa First Class lounge then transiting Frankfurt
- Thai Airways Royal First Class on the Airbus A380 Frankfurt to Bangkok
- Thai Airways Royal Silk Business Class Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur
- My time in Kuala Lumpur and at the Le Meridien
- Malaysia Airlines economy from Kuala Lumpur to Siem Reap
- The Le Meridien Angkor, my home base in Siem Reap
- A Picture Tour of the Angkor Wat Temples Around Siem Reap
- Best Western Amaranth for a short layover in Bangkok
- Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge and Spa
- Thai Airways Royal First Class Bangkok to Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Lounges in Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Hong Kong to Seoul
- Hyatt Regency Incheon Airport
- Asiana Airlines First Class Lounge in Seoul
- The only passenger in Asiana Airlines First Class Seoul to Frankfurt
- The best lounge in the world? Back at the Lufthansa First Class Terminal
- Lufthansa First Class with a seat and a bed Frankfurt to Toronto